Saturday, March 9, 2013

Book Hangovers

Are the best feeling ever. It's that kind of loneliness/emptiness/confusion/middle-of-nowhere feelings that I prefer rather than the ones you get from bad things happening in your life. Unless of course...you read a horrible book with a horrible ending because horrible writers want you to feel like crap. But yeah. This is a hangover I like. On moderation of course...because I'm not sure I'd be able to function properly if I get them every day...[insert nervous, slightly maniacal laughter here]

So what's the book that got me having another hangover you might ask?

Today it's Nick Hornby's High Fidelity.  And the doodle for today just pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole thing.


Day 9
I have varying reactions whenever I get book hangovers, but today I have the 'tears-of-epiphany-joy' kind.  Mostly because it's that kind of book I want the story I'm working on to be like. That, and because I relate to most of the stuff Rob Fleming was talking about or because I learn a lot from his 'man's-POV' narration of things. I'm sure not all guys think this way, probably, but it gave me answers I keep wondering about. And it's just beautiful and light and wise and funny that I even loved it's Hollywood adaptation. Both are just so perfect. And I could go on and on about this but I'd rather not wear you down with my ramblings today. I just feel really...fuzzy. Haha!

Speaking of eternity and emotions it's quite ironic that yesterday this is what I pretty much feel like:

Day 8

Yep. I got the "kind of loneliness/emptiness/confusion/middle-of-nowhere feelings you get from bad things happening in your life" sort yesterday. It's pretty funny too that it fell on the 8th day which pretty much looks like the Mobius Strip or the infinity symbol sideways. Talk about forever alone.

But it's pathetic that this is because of a very shallow useless reason that I'd rather just forget. Haha. Life is still good...so yeah...get over it and all that right? I really should stop wallowing in my pool of sadness and insecurity and do things. Just like Rob...only I guess I  don't need to wait for someone to rescue me and help me change my life for the better, since I think I'm capable of making that choice. I'm just lazy to do so. :/

Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment