Saturday, March 19, 2011

100 Days, 100 Animals + comics

A friend of mine, Audrey Ang, enjoys making these "a-drawing-a-day" challenges...and she came up with this new project called the 100 Days, 100 Animals project. I decided to join this one because: 1) I rarely draw animals. 2) I need to practice working with animals because I really suck -- I just get lucky with some. 3) I found it an interesting endeavor. 4) I just need to draw something to get my rusty hand back into action.

So anyway, here's my first animal: CATTLE. HAHA well...technically oxen. but...whatever.

did some studies first...
mummy and baby
the official drawing for the day. sorry for the bad quality -- no scanner & PS at home :(
Some stuff I found interesting about the ox's representation in the bible...
"While the horse is a great powerful, muscular animal associated with warfare, the ox is a great powerful, muscular animal associated with service and production, and increase of wealth. All of these are, of course to be understood in spiritual terms. If there are no horses within, then there are no spiritual battles taking place, and if there is no ox within, then there is no spiritual increase. Both of these mighty beasts represent spiritual zeal to serve our Lord, one in the capacity of spiritual warfare, and the other in the capacity of service, to both God and our fellow man." - The Spiritual Significance Of The Ox In Scripture - Part One
"We saw last week that Christ is in these four beasts as the lion of the tribe of Judah, the legitimate legal heir of King David, in the gospel of Matthew. He is the ox, the tireless servant by whose strength is much increase, in Mark. He is the son of man, whose genealogy is traced all the way back to Adam in Luke, and He is presented to us from the view of the heavens, as the eagle, in John's gospel." - Who Are The Four Beasts In The Middle Of And Around The Throne Of God?
They actually taught this in church...I remember it was entitled as "God's Protection Plan". It talks about how we are actually in the age of tribulation (not to be mistaken with the Great Tribulation) and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is already among us...and why we shouldn't be alarmed because God has four creatures of His own that can pwn these horsemen of doom.

My favorite part was how our pastor explained that these creatures/animals were used as banners for the tribes of Israel during their Wandering Years in the desert, and how they all camp facing the Tent of Meeting -- which is at the center of their camp -- instead of facing the horizon where possible dangers can appear any moment. And to think that there was not a time in the bible that they lost during those 40 years. Haha! Fun stuff.

In other news! I also made some comics!! Inspired by my facebook statuschitchat with SDA. (Yes! He finally has a body!!! hahaha)


yeah...i was feeling kinda cranky and emotional last night. crushes. pfft.


oh the joys and pains of liking someone. haha!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! and your posts and your comic with Mr. SDA!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey guys! thanks for dropping by :)) ya finally found my blog haha! XD

    ReplyDelete