Monday, January 28, 2013

Sketchdumps


Just posting some stuff to get some steam off my system. Right now I'm trying to develop some characters I'm working on for a story with a friend. Not sure if we'll make it into a comic or narrative with illustrations in it. Or who knows, maybe an animated feature. Heh. It's all undecided as of the moment. But we just keep on dreamin' on paper until something defined comes around right?

How I wish I can sketch like most people I look up to. Sometimes I wonder how they do it. My sketches look like chicken-scratch compared to theirs...being colored and all. Maybe my mistake is associating sketches with speed. Haha. I think not all studies or sketches last for 30 minutes at the longest...there are others  who reaaaally spend time on something just to understand it. So...yeah. I should keep that in mind...it's not bad to take time and learn something new.

And I seriously need to learn something new.

Oh geez.

So, meet Naira. She's a lead character I'm developing with a friend. Actually...she's the girl on the picture above. Errrmmm, what can I say about her? Weeell, she's impatient. Though lately she tries to work on that bit because it might affect the raids she and her team is participating on. Whenever she's making that face, there are about a hundred complaints running in her head every minute. It's rare that you see her smile unless she's with Kit...which is that guy next to her. And yeah, you guessed it. She likes him but he doesn't know. LOL. or...maybe he does...or...who knows really. O_O

Welp, I still have no concrete idea of what her personality would be. She's easily bored, that's one. If there's one thing in life that she really wants, it's probably to get out of the ship and feel the wonderful feeling of solid planetary ground under your feet, with real gravity pulling you down. (Our story is set in space you see...but that's all we're gonna reveal for now. Eheh!)

I have nothing else to say, right now I'm pretty much reflecting what Naira feels. Haha! Ah well~

No comments:

Post a Comment