Tuesday, November 8, 2011

OJT junk.






Some work I did for my On the Job Training class back when I was still in college. Bad memories really, but these are the works I'm most fond of during those days.

Aside from that, since I got into some depressing fits last year around the same period as now (August to November)...I ended up doing some risky things that almost cost me my college degree. But God is good always, and he provided me with a way out from the graves I dug for myself. And here's one of the blessings that saved my college life:


Commission/Sideline gigs that a college friend offered me to do. I was so depressed then, and I was quiet-emo-ishly making sad, dark illustrations with serious linework in one classroom, and that college friend of mine saw me drawing. He gasped, picked up the paper I was working on and asked his friend immediately if I could draw some designs for their t-shirt print business. He was willing to pay me in advance for the whole shebang. And let me tell you, that payment...though i never got the second half... saved my sad butt from the registration office fee. Hahaha. Here's their awesome Facebook Page.

And here's some comic thing I did for another class. History I think...I colored it traditionally with watercolors but I never got the chance to get them back again...all I have are the roughs. So here they are. I think it's about Rizal...an artwork dedicated to anything about him...or basically describes him in a way...haha oh well...enough talk more show:







That's all for now. It's just fun to reminisce sometimes. Plus the fact that I really dont have anything to post as of late....so...yeah. Heheh. I hope you liked them as much as I am laughing at them now and how a year has already passed. It feels freaky sometimes, especially when you think about how you were doing the things you were doing just over a year ago.

If ever there was anything I'm futzing about lately...then this is probably it:

drawing couples. hahaha!

I just laughed at one of Mommy Dionisia's dresses. I swear it's a lobster dress!

5 comments:

  1. Ang galing mo talaga! I really like the first pic. And thanks for teaching us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KOMIIIIKS!!! D: ituloy mo naaa hahahaha :D ang ganda ganda nung rizal komik WHY I NO KNW DIS!?D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kail, salamat. hahaha, kabanas yung 2nd. that's the time nadefine na yung direction ng story, naging benten ripoff sya. pwe! hahaha saka di ako nagtuturo, nagseshare lang. hahaha. :)

    Auds! tapos na yang komiks na yan. hahaha. saka project lang yan sa History nga...kaya ayan. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. naaalala ko si arnold arre dun sa rizal part. Haha! Master!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the first drawing. kudos

    ReplyDelete