Friday, April 19, 2013

Dark Purple

 I tried to do handstands for you
I tried to do headstands for you
Everytime I fell you on yeah everytime I fell
I tried to do handstands for you
But everytime I fell for you
I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for you


"What in the world are you singing?" Sid looked up from his book, seeing Essa dancing her silly dance around the living room.

"Bruises," she replied, huffing and puffing. "By Chairlift. I heard it on TV while watching some lifestyle show on TLC."

"...Ohhhh...kay...." Sid just raised an eyebrow and smirked a little, then went back to reading.

You-ooo
For you-ooo
So black and blue-oooo
For you-ooo etc


"Oh god, she's on a roll today folks," he winces and curls up on the sofa, burying himself under the pillows to muffle out her voice.

"Whaaat?" Essa stops and slumps on the floor, breathless from all the silly dancing, "It's a good song!"

"Not when you sing it!"

"Says Simon Cowell!"

Then a stray pillow flies to his face. Followed by fits of laughter. The pillow fight lasted around 15 minutes, because they're aging twenty-somethings. And once they got all the laughter out of their system, Sid had to ask...

"So who's Chairlift?"

"Just this band who sang the story of my life." She grabbed her laptop and played the youtube song, letting him read the lyrics on the description. At first Sid was just nodding to the beat, "Hey, they're pretty nice..."

Until, as if on cue, he started to sing this part of the song,

 I grabbed some frozen strawberries so I could ice your bruisy knees
But frozen things they all unfreeze and now I taste like
All those frozen strawberries I used to chill your bruisy knees,
Hot July ain't good to me
I'm pink and black and blue


he looked up, smiling at Essa and he paused when she was staring at him with an expression of awe...or something to that effect.

Awkward.

"What?"

Essa just blushed, looked down and muttered, "Nothing," I just never expected you to sing that part...because I wished you'd sing it back to me, and you doing this is just weird -- but that was just in her mind so she blurted out, a bit embarrassed I might add: "Just finish the song!"

And so they did.



Been a while since I posted something! Sorry guys!!! Anyway, here's another tiny bit of Essa and Sid, in a much later year...Vivi was around with them at this point...but I still don't know how her role should play out...anyway I hope you guys like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment